Seeking an Accountant/Bookkeeper who has a strong accounting background and is highly skilled in Quickbooks and a variety of office software and applications. Ideal candidate is confident, detail oriented, a great communicator and a team player who believes in our Company Mission.
- Code and key accounts payable and process timely payments by check, online and credit card
- Verify and input invoices using appropriate information and coding by division and cost code
- Monitor and maintain current accounts receivable. Investigate, adjust and resolve any outstanding balances.
- Process payments received by check, credit card, e-transfer, money order and cash.
- Manage customer invoicing as required for service divisions.
- Monitor employee purchases and ensure appropriate use of company credit cards.
- Work with and support Leadership Team to ensure all expenses are tracked and costs reduced
- Prepare weekly financial reports and correspondence for internal or external review
- File and sort documents (paper and electronically, creating consolidated reports when necessary)
- Various accounting, journal entries, and inventory adjustments.
- Manage monthly bank / credit card reconciliation and analysis of accounts and variances.
- Make physical bank deposits as required
Office Organization and Administration
- Assist hiring manager in placing job ads and onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Manage administrative correspondence: monitor “admin” email inbox, prepare reports, fax and photocopy.
- Implement and manage an effective system for filing all documents, invoices, ownerships, employee information, etc.
- Assist with a variety of software implementations.
- On an ongoing basis, document procedures, processes and policies.
- Contribute to or complete special projects as assigned.
- Prepare internal presentations, slideshows and documents as required.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Strength in math and accounting.
- Highly skilled with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Suite and other business software.
- Strict attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication.
- Performance-driven, fast-paced and energetic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very savvy with technology.
- Highly alert and structured thought process.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork and mission-focused.
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Business Administration Diploma preferred
- Other Finance or Math Education will be considered as an asset
- Minimum 5 years of bookkeeping experience
- Strong knowledge of the following software and technology required:
- QuickBooks Online
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Google Workspace: (Google Calendar, Gmail, Docs)
- Dropbox (Cloud Storage)