President Biden defended his administration’s inept withdrawal from Afghanistan, arguing that the deaths of 13 service members and some 170 Afghans in the final days of the US exit were unavoidable.
“Everybody says, ‘You could’ve gotten out without anybody being hurt.’ No one’s come up with a way to ever indicate to me how that happens,” Biden said in an interview.
When pressed about his legacy by reporters, Biden appeared to once again rewrite the facts of history, saying he had opposed the US invasion of Afghanistan “from the beginning.”
This defies the Congressional Record.
As chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, then-Sen. Biden voted in favor of the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force. This authorization literally authorized the war. Biden continued to support additional measures committing US forces in that theater in the years after.
In 2002, Biden continued to push for US involvement in Afghanistan, arguing that “history will judge us harshly if we allow the hope of a liberated Afghanistan to evaporate because we failed to stay the course….Whatever it takes, we should do it.”
It wasn’t until 2009 that Biden’s position appeared to shift.
Why This Is Important
It is a sad day in the Republic when it is impossible to believe anything that comes out of a sitting President’s mouth. That day is here and has been since last January.
In just his first 100 days in office, Biden made 67 false claims, according to The Washington Post, hardly an outlet for Right-wing conspiracy.
Biden has claimed:
- He used to drive an 18-wheeler truck. He never did.
- He was arrested trying to visit Nelson Mandela. He never was.
- He said the new Georgia voting law prevents working people from getting to the polls before they get off work. It doesn’t.
- He said that the Second Amendment bans cannons. It doesn’t.
- He said if you get vaccinated, you can’t get COVID. A complete lie.
- He claimed that his infrastructure plan would create 19 million. Only 2.7 million can be attributed.
- He said he had “traveled 17,000 miles with” Chinese President Xi Jinping when they were both vice presidents. He did not, not even close.
- He claims that the vast majority of the over 11 million undocumented immigrants are here via overstaying their visas. A grotesque exaggeration.
- Speaking to College campus rape numbers, he said the “average rapist” rapes about six times. His source has been thoroughly debunked.
- And he claimed, “Raising taxes…will not slow the economy at all. Asking corporate America just to pay their fair share will not slow the economy at all.”
These are just a sample of the verifiable untruths that Biden routinely expects the American people to accept. What’s more infuriating is that the cache of puppet masters from Obama 2.0 – to include Valerie Jarrett and the rest of the Fascist-Marxist team that is dedicated to “fundamentally transforming the United States of America” – are sending him out to spew this propagandist horsesh*t without a care in the world that we see right through them.
They lie – to our faces – and just keep on insisting that their lie is the truth.
The definition of gaslighting goes:
“Gaslighting is a form of manipulation that occurs in abusive relationships. It is an insidious and sometimes covert type of emotional abuse where the bully or abuser makes the target question their judgments and reality…”
There may be some debate as to whether the President is a habitual liar (he is and, in fact, had to drop out of the 2008 presidential race because he blatantly plagiarized a speech) or just stupid. Maybe he’s both. But the bottom line is this. You can’t trust anything – not a single statement – coming out of the White House.
Question everything and insist on a provable answer!
View all of Mr. Salvato’s news analysis at UndergroundUSA.com.
Frank Salvato is the executive partner at The CompassPoint Group, LLC. He is the co-host of the Underground USA podcast as heard on iHeart Radio**, Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Podcasts, and anywhere podcasts are heard. His writing has been recognized by the US House International Relations Committee and the Japan Center for Conflict Prevention. His analysis has been published by The American Enterprise Institute, The Washington Times, National File, and Accuracy in Media, and is nationally syndicated. Mr. Salvato appeared on The O’Reilly Factor on FOX News Channel and is the author of six monographs examining internal and external threats facing our country. He can be heard twice-weekly on “The Captain’s America: Third Watch” radio program syndicated nationally on the Salem Broadcasting Network and Genesis Communications affiliate stations.