New Founding Accountant/Bookkeeper - Highland Park, TX
Business and finance have been co-opted by radical political agendas. Media and the arts have become rigidly ideological, stifling creativity and political discourse. Many of our country’s leading voices hate America’s virtues and undermine America’s promise. They could not build what they are destroying.
We are charting another course. Across every sector lies a frontier with new and inspiring potential. We are bringing together people and resources to realize it. This means new media, technology, and commerce that serves and supports the American people.
We know this moment calls for action, and we’re stepping forward to lead.
Join the team!
Seeking an Accountant/Bookkeeper who has a strong accounting background and is highly skilled in Quickbooks and a variety of office software and applications. Ideal candidate is confident, detail oriented, a great communicator and a team player who believes in our Company Mission.
- Code and key accounts payable and process timely payments by check, online and credit card
- Verify and input invoices using appropriate information and coding by division and cost code
- Monitor and maintain current accounts receivable. Investigate, adjust and resolve any outstanding balances.
- Process payments received by check, credit card, e-transfer, money order and cash.
- Manage customer invoicing as required for service divisions.
- Monitor employee purchases and ensure appropriate use of company credit cards.
- Work with and support Leadership Team to ensure all expenses are tracked and costs reduced
- Prepare weekly financial reports and correspondence for internal or external review
- File and sort documents (paper and electronically, creating consolidated reports when necessary)
- Various accounting, journal entries, and inventory adjustments.
- Manage monthly bank / credit card reconciliation and analysis of accounts and variances.
- Make physical bank deposits as required
Office Organization and Administration
- Assist hiring manager in placing job ads and onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Manage administrative correspondence: monitor “admin” email inbox, prepare reports, fax and photocopy.
- Implement and manage an effective system for filing all documents, invoices, ownerships, employee information, etc.
- Assist with a variety of software implementations.
- On an ongoing basis, document procedures, processes and policies.
- Contribute to or complete special projects as assigned.
- Prepare internal presentations, slideshows and documents as required.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Strength in math and accounting.
- Highly skilled with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Suite and other business software.
- Strict attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication.
- Performance-driven, fast-paced and energetic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very savvy with technology.
- Highly alert and structured thought process.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork and mission-focused.
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree or Business Administration Diploma preferred
Other Finance or Math Education will be considered as an asset
Minimum 5 years of bookkeeping experience
Strong knowledge of the following software and technology required:
•Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
•Google Workspace: (Google Calendar, Gmail, Docs)
•Dropbox (Cloud Storage)
Please forward CV and cover letter to [email protected]