We are developing a new type of network—including a new media to serve the American people—to lead by example in choosing a more human way of life.
Unlike dominant media and networks today, which lack purpose (and simply optimize for “engagement”) or advance dubious ends, its governance will be designed to advance the good of the American people.
You will play a key role in developing the media side of New Founding, helping build and maintain websites and applications that reside in its orbit. Most will focus on new media, while others on technology and aligned commerce.
Because of the early-stage nature of our company, you can expect your role to go beyond typical design and development work and include opportunities to help shape our processes, tools and technologies. This role may require light amounts of travel and periods of intense in-person collaborative effort, but is otherwise a full-time remote position.
- Design, build, and maintain websites and web applications for aligned media and commercial ventures with an eye for elegant design.
- Support internal employees, including admin and editorial teams, collecting project requirements, and assisting them with technological questions.
- Work independently and in liaison with multi-functional teams to develop web experiences that work to advance the classical values of the good, the true, and the beautiful.
- At least 1+ year(s) of experience working at a reputable tech company or startup; and/or a portfolio of work demonstrating excellence in a relevant area.
- Driven by beautiful design, and fluent in using HTML, CSS, and JS frameworks to bring design concepts to fruition.
- Competent in one or more programming languages, especially Python.
- Experience with custom API integrations.
- You are a fast learner who can quickly master new technologies.
- Self-organizing, responsible and focused on fast execution. Able to operate in ambiguity; proactive in collaboratively resolving bottlenecks.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of the Open Source development ethos.
- A general understanding of open source web technologies, and history of the internet and social media.
- A broad interest in technology and developing your skills and knowledge across the full stack.
The most important thing is a deep passion for our mission and drive to build a new—and far more powerful—network that helps organize and empower others drawn to it.
New Founding is a media-focused venture devoted to supporting a pro-American economy, rebuilding a media universe that shares our values, and helping people live a more human life free from things like impersonal, globalized corporations, the hectoring assaults of woke tyrants, or the malicious manipulations of Big Tech. We do this primarily through a media group, a capital investments group, and a technology group. We are bringing together a team and the resources to create new media, technology, and commerce that serves and supports the American people—and we welcome you to join us.