New Founding is hiring a Product Manager to help craft, spec, lead, and ship projects for our media portfolio and brands. We are looking for someone with experience in Product/Project Management who enjoys working with stakeholders, developers/designers, and contractors in order to help our various brands succeed. This position is based in Dallas, TX.
To help support our multiple brands and publications, you’ll be working under an agency model to contract with and prioritize work across our portfolio. As part of this model, you’ll be responsible for communicating your team’s availability to brands that may need work done, as well as roadmapping it out.
Your primary focus will be helping plan, spec, shepherd, and ship tech-based projects that support our brands and publications, including tasks such as:
- Working with designers, developers, and brand stakeholders (the hosts or writers of our podcasts/publications, for example) to help define requirements.
- Creating roadmaps for media products, and lead their implementation.
- Identifying valuable product initiatives & gaps and detail a plan to tackle them.
- Building brand identities for emerging publications or newsletters.
- Working with developers to spec, roadmap, and launch websites, website redesigns, and brand styleguides.
- Collaborating with our technical infrastructure team to support and maintain the tech that undergirds our membership services (i.e. payments, member-exclusive digital communities, newsletter platforms, etc.).
- Implement and lead a repeatable project delivery process across brands that maximizes efficiency and transparency for all involved.
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS
- Media/D2C background preferred.
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Great design intuition (bonus points if you can roll your sleeves up in Figma and knock out competent mockups).
- Ability to build strong relationships across business, design, and engineering teams.
- Excellent organizational skills: managing multiple projects comes naturally, as does measuring their progress and outcomes.
- Top-notch communicator and a dependable teammate
- Natural ability to rally others around a project.
- Genuine curiosity and interest in the topics/focus of our various brands and audiences.
- Experienced product owner with a demonstrable track record of shipping projects across all stages of development, from ideation to launch.
- Ability to think creatively across domains.
New Founding is a media-focused venture devoted to supporting a pro-American economy, rebuilding a media universe that shares our values, and helping people live a more human life free from things like impersonal, globalized corporations, the hectoring assaults of woke tyrants, or the malicious manipulations of Big Tech. We do this primarily through a media group, a capital investments group, and a technology group. We are bringing together a team and the resources to create new media, technology, and commerce that serves and supports the American people—and we welcome you to join us.