Principal Investments (“Principal”) seeks a driven private equity, M&A or growth equity professional to work directly with the President of Principal to build out its investment execution team and co-manage our growth equity fund. The investment execution team will assist in fundraising, shepherd investments from origination to closing, and will support oversight of the financial performance of closed investments.
- Assisting in fundraising efforts and investor-focused communications.
- Evaluating new investment opportunities for alignment with our investment thesis, quality of management, and growth potential.
- Leading the execution of Principal’s investments, including seed funding, growth equity, buyouts, joint-ventures, and co-investments.
- Overseeing the building and maintenance of complex financial/valuation models, including (as appropriate) discounted cash flows, accretion/dilution, comparable sales, and transaction analyses.
- Developing relationships with co-investor and syndicate members through deal execution and pitches.
- Analyzing and recommending strategic sectors and specific deal opportunities, including with respect to how such investments relate to Principal’s objectives and thesis.
- Preparing pitch books and offering memoranda.
- Managing and appropriately prioritizing competing business needs.
- Taking the lead on recruiting and development of junior team members in the investment execution team.
- Strong alignment with Principal’s mission and values.
- 3-5 years of experience as an M&A, private equity or growth equity-focused associate and/or vice president within a top-tier investment bank, private equity fund, or venture capital fund.
- Demonstrated quantitative/analytical skills and understanding of accounting and valuation.
- Ability to communicate with and influence decision making of senior business leaders and investment principals.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- Willingness to operate in a lean, start-up environment and grow with the organization.
- Superior process management and organizational skills.
- Fundraising and investor communication experience is a significant advantage.
This role will be a fulltime role. Compensation will be in line with industry standard practice for start-ups with significant upside as Principal grows. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Dallas, Texas.
New Founding is a media-focused venture devoted to supporting a pro-American economy, rebuilding a media universe that shares our values, and helping people live a more human life free from things like impersonal, globalized corporations, the hectoring assaults of woke tyrants, or the malicious manipulations of Big Tech. We do this primarily through a media group, a capital investments group, and a technology group. We are bringing together a team and the resources to create new media, technology, and commerce that serves and supports the American people—and we welcome you to join us.