Vice President - Investment Execution
Principal Investments (“Principal”) seeks a self-driven M&A or growth equity professional to create and build out its investment execution team. The investment execution team will shepherd investments from origination to closing and will support oversight of the financial performance of closed investments.
Principal Investments is a part of the New Founding group of companies. We are building our core functions around the New Founding media strategy and network:
- Deal sourcing: we have become a magnet for founders and deals that directly focus on this market opportunity, as well as for a broader array of founders looking for an aligned capital partner.
- Marketplace awareness: we understand the population we are focused on serving, including how many current companies have alienated them and what alternatives they particularly want.
- Marketing and people strategy: we know how to reach this market—through both brand and marketing strategy and marketing channels—and we know how to help build and shape the teams that will allow companies to remain aligned with them.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Leading the execution of and supporting the origination of Principal’s investments, including seed funding, growth equity, buyouts, joint-ventures and co-investments
• Overseeing the building and maintenance of complex financial/valuation models, including (as appropriate) discounted cash flows, accretion/dilution, comparable sales and transaction analyses
• Developing relationships with co-investor and syndicate members through deal execution and pitches
• Analyzing and recommending strategic sectors and specific deal opportunities, including with respect to how such investments relate to Principal’s objectives and thesis
• Preparing pitch books and offering memorandum
• Managing and appropriately prioritizing competing business needs
• Taking lead on recruiting and developing junior team members in the investment execution team
• Strong alignment with Principal’s mission and values
• 3-5 years of experience as an M&A or growth equity-focused associate and/or vice president within a top-tier investment bank, private equity fund or venture capital fund
• Demonstrated quantitative/analytical skills and understanding of accounting and valuation
• Ability to communicate with and influence decision making of senior business leaders and investment principals
• Entrepreneurial drive
• Willingness to operate in a lean, start-up environment and grow with the organization
• Superior process management and organizational skills
This role will be a full-time role. Compensation will be in line with industry standard practice for start-ups with significant upside as Principal grows. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Dallas, Texas.
Please send resumes via email to Bart Lomont.