Your wish list for New Founding

What would you like New Founding to offer or enable, or product or service would you like to see, or what project would you like to find collaborators or counter-parties for? Please post in the any applicable category, or use this welcome category as a general space for such wishes.

3 Likes

Crypto-based crowdfunding tool. GofundMe but cryto and free speech based.

5 Likes

Seems like a multi-channel option that includes crypto makes a lot of sense. The concept seems very simple–any sense how hard it is to execute? Special legal/KYC requirements for crowdfunding? Are there any meaningful network effects in this space, or is it simply about building a good tool that can be used in other networks?

3 Likes

The Tech part seems simple. It’s not even that tricky of a smart contract. But the legal aspect has got to be a nightmare.

My only thought is that it’s a tool with a growing audience. We’ve seen banks deny people access. This could be a simple way for the cancelled attempt to make a living. And the nice thing about making it being a programmed smart contact is that you have a built-in excuse when unsavory people use the platform.

PR person, “Sorry, we’re a free speech platform and we programmed the contracts with that in mind. We can’t go in there and change the code because the very core of our service rests on that code”

1 Like

A marketplace for freelance teachers.

Demand:
Homeschooling rates are rapidly increasing, Public schools are prisons

Supply:
There have got to be a large pool of conservative teachers who hate what the teachers Unions are now forcing them to indoctrinate into children. (My mom, a retired public school teacher was one of them)

The desire to Homeschool is growing fast for obvious reasons. Most families can’t afford to have one parent teach. But creating a platform where a cohort of families can pool their money and hire a teacher to take care of their kids and work through a curriculum.

For example: If 5 families each contribute $1000 a month for school that’s a $60,000 a year salary for a freelance teacher. The families are happy: small class size, direct influence on who is teaching and what is being taught. The teacher wins because they get a great salary, smaller class size, and freedom to teach a curriculum they believe in.

15 Likes

Good starting point could be a category in a broader services offered section associated with New Founding profiles

2 Likes

100%. My fiancee is a teacher and would use the hell out of it.

3 Likes

Love this idea. I do think it would need an analog component and perhaps teachers and the families they serve would need to be in some geographic proximity so they could see each other in person in regular intervals.

3 Likes

Love the teaching network idea. That could be really big. Beneficial for both good teachers and students. They already have some platforms similar to this that could be mimicked and brought over to be specific to those who support this cause. A very powerful idea which is needed before we lose anymore children to these lies being told in the public schools. You could even seek support and mutual agreement between private and homeschooling. They would get supplemental income and the platform could get variety and percentages that pay it forward.

3 Likes

Is there a place where you host live chat? Do you host live meetings? Do you do a Ted talk like event? Perhaps a meeting centered around a speaker or even a general topic to be discussed or both? I’m curious how much changes when we have the ability to interact and know each other? Rather then just well thought out posts. (not intended as bad) Perhaps just simple social interaction or perhaps it can vary depending on if it’s marked as business or intended to reach out at a social level? Not so much that it’s designed to be a social platform, but rather that a social dynamic may produce desired outcomes in different ways. Thoughts?

2 Likes

FWIW, a new post today from Bari Weiss’ Substack…

5 Likes

We have previously done Clubhouse rooms, and I’d like to try something on Callin (new alternative probably more committed to protecting unpopular opinions). Will keep you posted

3 Likes

Getting active on Callin sounds like a great idea. It’s a great platform.

1 Like

Can we kick off a VC fund providing seed money for based business? Offhand, I can think of scores of accredited investors who would throw money at it.

2 Likes

Love this idea. I have a neighbor who homeschools her kids and they are outstanding citizens!

1 Like

I’m a teacher at a Classical Christian school. I know a lot of conservative friends who have gone the public education route who burned out and left the profession because of the insanity of the public schools. A lot of these folks could be brought back into the profession if something like this was available in addition to those who are in the public schools right now.

5 Likes

Created a new topic to expand on this:

1 Like

I’ve spent time working within startup ecosystems, most recently in Austin, and just like other industries, the prevailing culture is dominated by the left. I think it could be really valuable to create a network for founders on the right and those who reject woke business practices. Some things to potentially initiate could include meetup events, coworking, Incubators/accelerators, workshops/speaker events, pitch contests, access to investors, mentorship programs, etc.

8 Likes

I love that idea, Jack. As a startup kid myself, I’d have found that useful.

I bet you’ll be pleased with what we have on the roadmap. :slight_smile: Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Do you want it off chain or on chain?